Saturday, February 2, 2013

DNA tested by Ancestry

    
What we have been told over the years is only hearsay and I think DNA has become a real way to find out, especially since I have not found or been offered concrete evidence, in the 45 years I have been doing genealogy.  Where and when the “Sparlin(G)’s” crossed the big pond is unclear/undocumented, but we have not  gone back further than John Sparlin in Ohio/Pennsylvania in the late 1700’s. There are hunches but to get back further we need real documentation.  I’m hoping we can spur some more SPARLIN participation to get the answers.   Here is the link to get you started http://ldna.ancestry.com/status.aspx.  I know the test is not cheap,  but I would donate $20 toward the test to defray the cost of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment